Re: Windows Live Assentials with Jaws

  • From: "Yadiel Sotomayor" <yadosotomayor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 06:08:11 -0400

One thing I have found is that windows live mail, messenger, mesh and I believe
writer works pretty well in version 2011. Although somethings can and must be
improved I.E. the fact that I don’t know if the message is unread, the fact
that most of the time I cannot connect to windows live messenger, etc. FS has
done a good job. The underlining problem is not FS but Microsoft and its
constant interface “improvements”. Each time is the same. They “improve” the
products changing a lot of components every 2 to 3 years maximum. The only
exception to the rule I have found is IE 9. I am super happy that I upgraed
since the beta due to the fact that it works beautifully with jaws. A lot
better than what IE 8 ever did. But if you look into the office products, you
will see what I mean. Look at the ribbons. Look at WLE 2011 again with the
ribbons. It is a lot of changes. A lot of “improvements”. And FS needs to keep
up. Yes, it should be faster. Nah, it must be faster. Six months at least? That
is a lot of time to wait for access. But FS like other screen readers are
trying to keep up. And they should be congratulated. And have anyone looked at
the virtual ribbons? They are amazing! If in some programs a little buggy. But
on the WLE 2011 programs, they work beautifully.