Re: Windows Defender & AVG Paid Edition

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 07:15:55 +0000

Hi, no you're right. Whilst AVG will protect you from viruses and the like, Windows Defender will protect spyware and the like.

At 22:07 29/01/2008, you wrote:
Hi,

a couple of things. First of all, Jake's right about AVG paid and free being
the same. The paid version just offers more flexibility in some ways plus
the right to tech support by email. But it uses the same virus definitions
and heuristics, or however that's properly said.

Also, I'm running AVG (free edition) and windows Defender also, and I never
even imagined there would be a potential conflict of any sort, because as
far as I'm aware, Windows Defender is only the anti spyware part of that
whole Windows protection suite. Not an antivirus program.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that one, but I'm pretty sure.