Re: Windows 7 and Jaws

  • From: Sue B <sueb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:54:54 -0400

In Windows 7 the free e-mail program from Microsoft is called: Windows Live Mail. It isn't included as part of Windows 7. I've included a link in this e-mail to the page from which you can download a copy of it. The stuff that you had in Outlook Express should be able to be imported into Windows Live Mail. Don't forget that there are several other good e-mail clients available. I'll make a plug here for my favorite, Thunderbird.

When you click on this link look for a button on the page that loads labeled: Download.If you are saving the file, its name is: wlsetup-web.exe and it will save to your default download location.
http://download.live.com/

Hope this helps.

Sue B.

Vic Llanes wrote:
Bruce, can you tell me what is the email client for windows7? I am guessing that Outlook express is already out? I'm afraid that I won't be able to just move my MBX files on the windows7 email client like I've been doing years since starting windows 3.1.

Thanks
Vic