Re: Window-Eyes works fine with I.E. 8 beta

  • From: "Zydrunas Kazlauskas" <z.kazlauskas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:54:27 +0200

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 requires additional configuration to be compatible with JAWS, Window-Eyes, and ZoomText applications. Menu and Web content reading will not function without the additional configuration. Other assistive technology products might also be affected. You are advised to review the "Removal information" section before you install Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1. Uninstalling Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 will revert to the earlier version of Internet Explorer, and the Assistive Technology program will perform as before.

To make sure that Assistive Technology programs perform correctly, you must follow these steps when you install Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1:1. If you are running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, disable Protected Mode. To do this, click Internet Options on the Tools menu. On the Security tab, click to clear the Enable Protected Mode option for each of the following zones: . Internet
. Local intranet
. Trusted Sites
. Restricted
We recommend that you browse only to Web sites that you trust while Protected Mode is disabled.
2. Install Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1.
3. After installation is complete, add the following registry entries. To do this, follow these steps:a. In the Run box, type Regedit.exe and then press ENTER.
b.  Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
c. In the right-pane, right-click the mouse, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
d.  Type PPT, and then press ENTER.
e. In the right-pane, right-click the mouse, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
f.  Type LCIE_FTW, and then press ENTER.

Note The values in both these registry entries are configured to 0 when you perform steps 3c through 3f.

4. Start Internet Explorer 8. The browser prompts you for configuration information when you start it for the first time. If you find that Web content missing from familiar Web pages, you can use the Emulate IE7 button that is located on the Command bar to display pages in Internet Explorer 7 mode.

----- Original Message ----- From: "jim grimsby Jr." <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>