Re: Will Freedom Scientific be closed all next week?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:36:43 -0800

Indeed, why not.  But one already has one's hands on the keyboard answering
some other email, and happens to think of this, and knows that on this list
he's in the company of nothing but other Jaws users and Freedom Scientific
customers,, and types the message, rather than launch Windows Explorer, go
to his Addresses folder, tab into the files list view, press F a few times
to get to freedomscientific.txt, press enter to open the file, arrow down
past other information until coming to the phone number for sales and
service, commit the number to memory, remove hands from the keyboard, take
the phone off the cradle, put it on speakerphone because one is deaf in his
left ear and needs to dial with his right hand, punch in the number, then
turn off the speakerphone, witch the handset to the right hand, and wait for
the first outgoing message and menu prompt. Maybe one finds it easier to
press Control N, type jfw in the To header and let Windows finish it, tab
down, type a quick subject, tab again, and pose the question.  One is a good
typist, and this is hardly any effort at all, at that moment, by comparison.
Sometimes decisions get made that way.  No biggie.

thanks very much for the helpful suggestion, and happy holidays to you and
yours.