Re: Which Speech Engines are JFW users using? Tell me why!

  • From: "Joy Tilton" <joyctilton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:50:04 -0700

One of my favorite speech engines is Neospeech.  There's Paul and Kate, so=
 far as I know.  I use Kate when I run Kurzweil 8,  since there's a disk of=
 neospeech which came with the software.
However, it can work with Jaws as well.

On 9/13/2004 at 10:45 Beto Escobar III wrote:

Hello Everyone on the List Serve--
My name is Beto Escobar III, and I am wanting to know which Speech Engines
are the most used by JAWS users?  I am using the DECTalk Express, but I
just purchased the AT&T's Natural Voices.

I remember when I first heard the DECTalk I thought-- Wow!  That really
sounds good!  Then a friend sent me a link to a wav file he created using
his AT&T's Natural Voices, and I was just stunned.  It really blew me away.
 It honestly sounded like a natural voice.  He was using the United Kingdom
female voice, and the accent, and me being a Texas boy, sounded very real.
As a result, I went ahead and purchased both the AT&T's Speech Engine,
which comes standard with two American voices both male and female, as well
as the United Kingdom female voice.  I hope to be receiving them today.  I
wonder though, what else is out there?  I would not have any idea.  As a
result, I am sending this question to the list serve.  What Speech Engines
are you using?  Are you pleased with how it sounds?  Do you have any
recommendations for the rest of the users?  Are there any we should stay
away from?  Let us, or me, know.

Thanks,
Beto Escobar III a JFW USER SINCE 2.0 WAS RELEASED!

Post Script--
I purchased the DECTalk Access 32-- Don't buy it!  Stay Away!  Eloquence
Blows it away!

To find out about some great cajun food and candies, and maybe even start a=
 home based business, check out http://www.cajuncountrycandies.com/W1265
mailto:joyctilton@xxxxxxxxxxx
msn: joyctilton@xxxxxxxxxxx
AIM address: joyctilton
leave me voice messages on laser box 206-309-1875
check out my journal at http://joyctilton.livejournal.com
        Come join the Joy Ride, fridays 15:00 to 18:00 UTC,=
 http://interactive.acbradio.org
                Save a life!  Donate blood at your local Red Cross center
today, please!