What to Do with Off-Topic Posting

  • From: Bruce Toews <coke_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:11:41 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,

Just a matter of policy here. If you feel that a message or thread is
off-topic, the thing to do is to let me know privately at
jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I will then determine whether or not I feel it
is off-topic, and if I feel that it is, I will deal with it accordingly.

If you feel that a subject line is inappropriate, the thing to do (if and
only if you are replying to that subject with an answer) is to change the
subject in your reply to be more appropriate. If the subject line is
inappropriate and you have nothing to contribute to the subject, then
e-mail me and bring it to my attention, and I will, if I agree, make the
subject line changes.

Remember, this list has one policeman, that's me. I may deputize as time
goes on, but for the moment, I'm the cop. <SMILE> But you are all in
control of your own actions, and you are empowered to conduct yourselves
accordingly.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews