Re: What is the fastest internet browser that works with Jaws?

  • From: Orhan Deniz <orhan.deniz63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:27:25 +0100

Firefox and a combination of OpenDNS here.
Basically domaine name server. When you type in a domaine, it is looked up and the ISp has a DNS server which is referred for the lookupp. Some of these servers by the ISP's get overloaded and slow website loading because DNS look up is taking place. OpenDnS tries to give you a faster page load thus browsing experience is faster there are may different servers. It's certainly faster like this.

check out:
www.opendns.com

Orhan.
Ps, I could have gone more technical but don't want to confuse people through the process.

Orhan Deniz.
E-mail:
Orhan.Deniz63@xxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Live ID:
orhan1793@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype:
Orhan.Deniz63

Blog:
http://WorldAndOther.wordpress.com
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/KVP2008
Last.fm profile:
http://www.last.fm/user/orhandeniz1993

On Friday, July 11, 2008 9:16 PM Bruce Toews wrote:
Yes, but it can be successfully argued that Firefox loads downloaded
pages faster than does Internet Explorer. I prefer I.E. for a number
of reasons, but I don't deny Firefox's better speed.

Bruce

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:14:35 -0400, "Chip Orange"
<Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
I have to disagree strongly with this.  I believe the original
poster is confusing internet speed with browser speed.

All browsers are essentially the same speed; it's your underlying
internet connection that determines how fast downloads will happen
for you.

Chip Orange
Database Administrator
Florida Public Service Commission