Re: What is the best accessible format of Ebooks with JAWS

  • From: "Alex Midence" <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:30:52 -0500

Hi,

I use mobiPocket pretty well.  You have to read with your jaws cursor
and you manually turn the page with a keystroke.  Use the Jaws cursor
heavily for general navigation of the software.  With Adobe, it's a
toss up because you don't know if the pdf is locked and thereby
inaccessible.  Microsoft reader is totally out of the question.  I
have personally never ever ever EEEEEEVVVVVVVVER gotten it to work
right.  I have no experience with eReads.

Alex

Ps best way to go, if you can afford it, is get OpenBook.  You can get
a pdf then and print it out using the "freedom import printer" which
is a virtual printer that brings up openbook and o.c.r's the
publication for you.  That works truly great.