Re: What are people's experiences with latest RC of Jaws 12 with thunderbird Email Client

  • From: Graham Smith <g.smith577@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 15:19:15 -0400

I also would like to know how thunderbird works with this latest version.

I tried it several months ago and did not like it at all, from what I can rememmber there was far to much infrmation and no way of customising anything. I can remember about ten columns being announced everytime, date, subject from, to etc everytime you moved in the list.

I currently use Eudora which I believe was taken over by Thunderbird and I must admit although it is old and I dont believe it is supported anymore it is probably the best email program I have ever used as far as screen readers are concerned. It takes a bit of setting up but there is an email list with some very nice helpful people to help.

Still dont know why we are not getting any answers from FS about Live Mail; anyone have any ideas at all why FS are keeping so quiet about this programÉ

Regards

Graham

At 08:37 PM 4/21/2011 +0200, you wrote:
Hi all, well for those who have downloaded the latest version from the Hi,

This is written in Thunderbird 3.1.9 should be the latest.
It is a little confusing to setup, on the other hand it did detect my imap settings on gmail, and has imported a lot of messages from gmail. With live mail this took forever and the program crashed and were seriously unresponsive.

I had to turn auto forms mode off to be able to type in messages, but other than that and trying to stop Thunderbird from showing the startup page in the middle of mails, and also not just to use a tab to show an open mail, it really looks very good!

Claus
FS website of jaws, not the check for updates way because it is not ready yet. In the what's new they say there is support for the thunderbird email client. Well I guess you know what's my question is going to be. LOL For those who use the client how are you finding it? I am cureious I don't use it myself but since I saw it on the what's new in the build I couldn't help myself so decided to ask what you all who use it that is are thinking about it. Is it good, is it bad, looking forward to discussions on this topic!
Thanks Daniel

Alternative archives located at: