Re: Well folks, I tried!

  • From: "Nermin Hasic" <voy44@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:11:46 +0200

Hi James,
could you, as a Window-eyes user, go into the pros and cons of using
Window-Eyes or JAWS?
If not on the list, then write to me privately, since this is not very
JAWS-related.
Here in Germany the only company doing the translation and distribution of
WE is in Austria. In general, and I think this partly is due to the
insurance system and assistive techies having contracts with insurance
companies, products are very expensive.
This might also be true for other european countries.
A JAWS pro being about 3000 or more euros, something like 3300 or more USD,
and Window-Eyes about 1400 Euros.
They justify their prices saying with the version you get, you also have a
German technical support. There are also other prices available, depending
whether you buy JAWS together with a complete PC or laptop system, have it
financed or not... but I won't go into much detail about that on here...

Kind regards,
Nermin