Re: Weird situation with Reply to Sender

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:56:30 -0700

Hey, gang! I just stumbled on something that now works for me every time (at
least for the past 20 attempts).

Keep in mind that there are three JAWS/Insert keys on a keyboard that is
using the laptop layout, as mine is. One is the Caps Lock, another is the
Insert in the NumPad block, and the third is in the 6-pack.

Again I harken back to my observation earlier that some keystroke
constructions show up as JAWS+something and other as Insert+something, with
hardly any consistency.

So here's what I did:

1. In the keyboard manager for Outlook Express, I located the "Reply direct
to sender" keystroke and in the Actions menu added a new keystroke. This
will make another keystroke and leave the original alone.
2. Using CapsLock+Shift+R I will get JAWS+Shift+R, which did not work
consistently.
3. When first I pressed NumPad Insert+Shift+R all I got was Insert. Not
good.
4. Then I tried Shift+NumPad Insert+R and I got
Insert+Shift+RightMouseClick. Definitely not right.
5. So instead, I used the Insert key on the 6-pack to construct
Insert+Shift+R. That one worked and the result was Insert+Shift+R, just what
I wanted.

And that one works!

No clue as to why, but for a laptop layout it works, and why not give it a
try if you have a desktop layout?

Dave