Re: WebPages and JFW

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 11:41:42 +0100

A note concerning first time Firefox users: The flash player plug-in is
not installed by default, as you'll see by going to a website it'll say
"click here to download plug-in", plus a pop up window will appear
offering you to find and install the necessary plug-in(s) for the site.
On Sat, 19 May 2007 11:29:18 +0100, "Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis"
<bhawkeslewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Flash Player definitely runs fine on Internet Explorer 6 and 7 normally.
>
> JAWS's HTML verbosity settings allow one to turn off Flash (see "HTML
> Verbosity Options" in the JAWS manual). I don't know whether this only
> affects JAWS's model of the document, or whether it changes Windows
> registry settings.
>
> Another possibility is that the Flash or Shockwave Flash plugins have
> been disabled inside Internet Explorer itself using the Add-on Manager:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/web/sp2_addonmanager.mspx
>
> You could try installing Firefox and see what happens when the same
> websites are visited in that browser.
>
> --
> Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis
>
> Tom Lange wrote:
> > MessageHi John,
> > You wrote:
> >

> >   Hello,
> >   I am running IE 6 and JFW 8 latest edition on a Windows XP machine and
> > sighted users of the machine are getting errors on websites such as myspace
> > having to do with flash players and I have downloaded the latest adobe
> > flash player and this does not correct the display problems. This happens
> > on more than one website.
> >   Is this related to the way JFW is configured?
> >
> >   I have a hunch that it might not be JAWS-related.  One way to find out is
> > to have those people access the sites without JFW loaded.  If the error
> > still occur, then it may be that the flash player doesn't like running on
> > IE6 because it is optimized to run on IE7.  Just a guess.
> >
> >   Tom
> >

> --
> JFW related links:

Christopher Hallsworth