Web based email

  • From: lenedith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:48:56 -0500

I have spent many hours trying to use hotmail with JAWS, but can't it get
to work, even with the help of some users on this forum, and the article
"Getting started with Hotmail" by Subotnick and Sweetman.

I wonder if I would have better luck with Yahoo, but cannot find any
detailed instructions on how to set it up.

As a sighted person I have both a hotmail and a Yahoo account and am able
to use them to send and receive mail without JAWS.

I am trying to help a blind teacher to send and receive email.  She has JFW
5.0 at home and in her school.  At home she is connected to the Internet
with a DSL account in her daughter's name.  She does not know what kind of
a connection her school has, although she has been told there is one and
she could be using Yahoo.  I put a copy of JAWS on my computer and have
been trying out hotmail and yahoo with no success.  I can sign on to my
account, but cannot read the in box.  She has a hotmail account, but I
cannot sign on to it with JAWS.

Any suggerstions?

Lenny