Re: Volume Controll

  • From: Adam <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:00:09 -0400

Hi Dana,

Although some audio programs have the bad habit of tinkering with the sound system, indeed muting it without any warning, I don't think Jaws has anything to do with the speaker icon not shown in the System Tray.

Here is another thing you may want to try: The speaker icon can be set to either Always show, Always hide, or Hide when inactive. Please go to your task bar properties, select customize notifications, arrow down to volume and set it for Always show. Apply and OK. Hope this will fix the problem.

Good luck!

Adam

Dana S. Leslie wrote:

Adam,
As I indicated in my original message, I've done all of that, and done it several times. If it had had the expected effect, I wouldn't have posted here, asking if anyone knows why it hasn't. And, as Ryand indicated in his post, at least one other person running XP Home seems to have had the same problem appear only after installing the new JAWS 6.20. So, to repeat my original question, does anyone here know what is going on with, apparently, the interaction between XP Home, JAWS 6.20, and the volume Control icon, that is preventing the latter from appearing in the system tray, or being read by JAWS 6.20, if, in fact, it is there but is not being seen by JAWS?
Blessed Be,
Dana
D. S. Leslie, nÃe C. R. Guttman
Email: DSLeslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:DSLeslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>