Re: Visual Studio.net and JFW

  • From: "Will Pearson" <will-pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:37:37 -0000

Hi;

The suggestion of blind programming is a good one.  There's quite a few
people using the various versions of Visual Studio .Net on there, including
the public beta of VS 2005, Beta 1.

I'm about on there, and I'm more than happy to take up the discussion there
to avoid clogging up this list with programming topics.

As an introduction, Visual Studio .net 2002/ 2003 is fairly accessible with
JAWS.  You will need an add-in for Visual Studio, which can be obtained free
of charge from Freedom Scientific's web site.  This works with both Visual
Studio 2002/2003, as well as the constituent languages that comprise the
Visual Studio suite, such as VB, VC# and VC++.  If you're brave, you might
consider the express versions of VS 2005.  These are designed for those just
starting out in programming or programming with a certain language.  These
are available as free downloads from Microsoft, although they will expect
some feedback as part of the test program.  You should be warned that these
are only test versions, and that you *cannot* redistribute any software
written with them.  However, Microsoft have put in a significant amount of
work on accessibility into VS 2005, and things are looking very promising in
terms of what will ultimately be delivered.

I hope to see you on blind programming, where myself and others will be more
than happy to answer any questions you have.

Thanks,

Will Pearson

Microsoft MVP (Visual Developer/VC++)
For more information on the MVP program, go to:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com