Re: Vista and memory

  • From: Bruce Toews <KetchupBoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:30:16 -0600 (CST)

I agree with you that a minimum of two gigabytes is a good amount of memory to have. This is one view. Mister Asner is a very strong advocate for the opposing view. The best thing to do is to ask around and decide for yourself, since both of us can offer equally compeling reasons for our opinions.

Bruce

--
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave
the right to become children of God.--John 1:12, NIV

Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: KetchupBoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LiveJournal: http://brucetola.livejournal.com

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, Vaughan Dodd wrote:

Not true as far as I am aware.

Seems a strange thing to say, but I have heard it before.

Generally: My experience with Vista is that the more memory you can chuck into a machine, the better. Whilst many people think my attitude is a bit of overkill, Vista does a lot of behind the scenes stuff and our screen readers also have to work hard, consuming a great deal of resource. Whatever happens, dont' settle for less than 2 gigabytes, and I have four which I have found to be a very stable operation.

Vaughan.

Hello Listers,
I talked with a sales rep from gateway thursday, and he told me vista only sees memory up to 3 gigabytes. Is this true?
Thanks.

Robbie
<mailto:robbie.miller@xxxxxxxxxxx>robbie.miller@xxxxxxxxxxx

email Vdodd@xxxxxxxxxx