RE: Vista and jaws

  • From: James Homuth <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:23:34 -0400

You could be wrong about that, but being someone who used to work for Dell, you're probably not. Vista's here, says Microsoft. And since Dell values its partnership with Microsoft, they won't say no it's not.

James,
List Admin
At 11:08 AM 02/07/2008, you wrote:
You're going to get multiple opinions on this for sure, but I'd be among
those encouraging you to press forward and do Vista.  You'll need JAWS 9 to
really make it work best, but I've just not had the frustrations and
nightmares with Vista that others apparently have.  I find it really quite
stable, quite accessible, and easily operated.  You'll probably come to love
the new search feature, as I do.

I guess if I can be so presumptive as to give you some counsel on this, it
would be don't let others frighten you too much regarding Vista.  It's
really not the four-headed monster you'll be told it is.  Besides, I'm
pretty sure Dell won't sell you an XP machine any more, although I could be
wrong about that.

Regards,

Nolan