Virtual Find Problem with JFW 11

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 20:32:52 -0500

Has anyone else had a problem with Virtual Find with the Beta when using
Internet Explorer?  This seems to happen mostly on large web pages.  I press
Control+f, and JFW speaks virtual find.  I key in what I want to find and press
Enter.  Most of the time JFW then goes silent, but occasionally it speaks some
text from somewhere on the page.  When I press plus on the keypad to check
which cursor mode I'm in, JFW speaks PC Cursor instead of Virtual Cursor.
Toggling the cursor mode with JAWS Key+z doesn't help.  I can only get the
Virtual Cursor back by clicking somewhere on the page in text that is not a
link.  I haven't yet made this happen when using Firefox.

Gary King
mailto:w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx