Video Replay on the Web

  • From: "K Anderson" <kanderson8888@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 17:55:21 -0400

I enjoy catching up on my soap operas and other shows on the Web (e.g.
www.tv.com).  For some reason I get errors when using IE 7, but manage to
get the video to play on Firefox.  However, I'm frustrated by a few issues
that hopefully JFW can resolve (if I only knew how to do it).  My issues
follow.

I can not pause/resume playback so am forced to listen through the entire
program.  If I don't have time or get interrupted, it is necessary to begin
back at the beginning and watch the same thing over again.  This is
particularly frustrating when playback is stopped in the middle, or worse
toward the end of a program, for some reason (possibly buffer size?)  My
guess is that there is some kind of visual meter on the screen that mouse
clickers can use to start/pause/stop and/or jump to sections of the video.
Thus, my questions are:

1.  Can JFW be used to stop/pause/resume and/or jump to sections of a video?
2.  Is there anything I can do to figure out why the video suddenly stops?
Nothing I can find on the screen indicates there is an error, and I can't
find any buttons or options to solve the problem.
3.  If IE 7 would work better, what do I need to do to prevent the errors?
I can't even get to the website, let alone start the video.

I would appreciate any support that you can provide.  Oh, by the way, I'm
running JFW 9, Windows XP Media Center and as far as I know the most recent
version of Firefox.

Katrina

Alternative archives located at: