VS.NET script problem...

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <Bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:39:53 -0700

Hello, I've sent this message to Freedom Scientific twice for script
support, but can't get a response. Perhaps someone knows a solution? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Bryan
GutterStar.net

*Message sent to Freedom Scientific...*

I'm having a script plug-in issue with JFW5.0, and can't figure out the
problem.

I'm using Visual Studio.net 2003, and focusing on the visual basic.net
interface. When I installed the initial release of JFW5.0, and installed the
VS.NET Plug-in, everything worked properly.

Specifically, the Shift+Ctrl+Space script which activates a dialog box,
containing all of the controls that are currently on the selected form.

Since I installed the JFW5.0 update, this script no longer works. I even
uninstalled the update, and reinstalled the initial release, and the script
still doesn't work.

The error doesn't appear to be in the scripting code either, but rather, in
the JFWControl.dll that is being referenced as an object from the scripting
code.

This too I tried uninstalling, then reinstalling, to no avail.

When I activate the script, I get the following item listed in the JFW
dialog box.

Select the control to move to:

System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.   at
JFWControl.Connect.GetComponentList()

 OK     Cancel

If you could tell me how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it. It's
rather important.

Thank you, and best wishes, Bryan Garaventa