VPN Questions Again

  • From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:05:14 -0600

Hi,

Well, I got my VPN connection to run, and after logging on, JAWS even
started up.

I noticed three weird things, though.

1.  JAWS was very, very slow.  In fact, even reading Outlook Email was a
problem.  JAWS started out very sluggish, and had trouble finishing lines,
and otherwise just couldn't read the body of an Email.  It responded very
slowly to other commands I issued, too.  Any advice?  I didn't even try the
mainframe connection.

2.  Although I have a Focus 44 on this machine, I didn't get Braille.

3.  I don't know how to get from the Remote Desktop window to windows on my
desktop that aren't associated with the VPN connection.  Well, I could
manage it, but by bringing up Task Manager ... is there a nifty hot key to
switch out of the Remote
Desktop session?

Things to Know

I'm running JAWS 9 beta on this machine.  At work, I have JAWS 7.1.  Would
this cause the problem?

My computer at work also has a Braille display.  Would that cause the
slowness?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Lora