Using two sound cards

  • From: "Howard Traxler" <htraxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <JFWlite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 06:01:06 -0600

Hi folks and thanks for letting me cross-post. s I know this one
has been around, maybe a few times; but, I'm now having some
specific issues and would like some help.

I have an integrated Sound Max and a Creative 128 card.  First,
I'd like to use one for JAWS and the other for the rest of the
sounds that are generated.

When I start by booting the system, the sounds go to the
integrated system and JAWS goes to the plug-in card.  If I shut
down JAWS and restart it for any reason, it will come back up in
the integrated card where the sounds are and the plug-in card is
ignored.  And this JAWS 5 has to be restarted often.

Because of poor quality and noise level in the sound max, I would
like to switch them around so that JAWS uses the sound max and all
other stuff goes to the peripheral card.

Using JAWS 5.0 and windows xp home.

Can anyone help me accomplish these things?  I don't mind handling
it off-list or on the phone, but others may be interested.  I
know, for myself, I am grateful when I run across a thread like
this.

Anybody, please?

Thanks.

Howard