Using Windows Explorer in Windows 7

  • From: "Silver, Evan (MCB)" <Evan.Silver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:12:30 -0500

Can anyone offer hints or tips for navigating the Windows 7 Windows
Explorer.  It seems to be somewhat different  from the Windows XP and
Vista windows explorer applications.

When I arrow down to a file in the listview, and I press insert-tab,
Jaws reports the number in the list of files visible.  I am not sure
exactly what they are talking about.  I want it to report how many files
total there are, not how many are visible.

Are there settings to be made in the view menu, for example, which can
make the listview  behave more like it did in Windows XP?  Thanks.

Evan
Alternative archives located at: