Using VLC Player with JAWS

  • From: Claire Ryan <claire.ryan24@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 20:16:52 +0000

Dear All,

A friend has sent me some video files in the .mkv format. She says she
can play these using the VLC Player. I have downloaded this but it
doesn't seem to be playing my files. When I try to open the files
using the player, I get a message up about "building font cash." I
don't know what this means, or even if it's a necessary process of the
programme.

My main questions would be - Do many JAWS users use this programme? Is
it even accessible with JAWS? If so, are there any shortcut keys or
handy tips I could use that would make my using it with JAWS a little
smoother?

I'd be greatful for any help.

I'm using JAWS V 11 and Windows XP.

All the best,