Re: Using TextAloud

  • From: "Hank & Patty" <hank1patty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:10:24 -0400

Hello back Robert

No it is not in my music folder, I have already checked and also when you do this speak to file conversion in TextAloud, during the minor setup you need to do for this speak to file process like enter the filename you want to call this mp3 file, TextAloud also prompts you with an edit box to confirm the correct destination folder you want to use to put this converted mp3 file in.

Happy surfing

Hank

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert S. Batchelor" <leehigh73@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Hank & Patty" <hank1patty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Using TextAloud
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:04:08 -0400

Hello
I really hope someone can help me out with this, I'm having troubles when
trying to convert a text file to mp3 format in TextAloud.  With the text
file open on the screen in TextAloud that I want to convert, after I hit
enter on
speak to file on the speak menu to instruct TextAloud that I want to
convert this file to mp3, I then tab backwards and forward and see the
edit box where you confirm the folder in which you want to put this
converted mp3 file, so I do this .  Then I tab and all that is there,
other than the edit box for the correct folder, there is just an okay
button so I hit enter on the okay button.  Next I tab backwards and
forwards and finally land on the edit box in which you enter the filename
that you want to call this converted mp3 file, so I enter a filename.
Next I tab and and all that I see is the slider adjustment button for I
believe it is volume.  Next I tab again and there is nothing,
no more buttons to land on.  I then also tab backwards with shift tab and
can only go back to the edit box where you enter the filename, you cannot
go backwards
any further than the filename edit box.
So where is the okay button to tell TextAloud after you have entered the
filename you want to name it that you want to start the converting process

to make
this mp3 file?  Can someone please help me out with this problem?  Thanks
so very much if someone can.  I have no idea how you tell TextAloud to
start the mp3 converting process, I have used the jaws cursor and cannot
find any okay button.
I look very much forward to hearing back any helpful suggestions.  Thanks
in advance for any help on this.
I'm using jfw7.

Frustrated TextAloud user

Hank Merchant Jr.

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the