Re: Using MSN Messenger 5.0 With JAWS after MSN 6.2 was installed

  • From: Jeanie Vejil <proud2have-tsedog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:22:02 -0600

Grant, I can't answer your question, but have a little to add to it.

ABout a year or so ago, many of us who were on the JFWLite list were
getting messages that if we ddidn't upgrade from MSN 4.6, I think it was,
to 5.0, we would soon no longer be able to use MSN.  I did upgrade to
version 5.0, and it hasn't worked right since.  I had to upgrade.

I had to get a new hard drive and thus had to reinstall MSN 5.0, and my
contacts are now all gone.

Does anyone know whether if a person is still using win 98 SE, is MSN 5.0
the oldest version that can be used because I sure don't care for it?

Jeanie