Re: Upload Software using FTP and JAWS

  • From: "AB7HW Dick Lee Chrisman" <ab7hw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 07:28:05 -0700

Using JAWS here is how you use FTP and using JAWS can modify or add files to
your web page, using the FTP portion of IE with JAWS.
Once you are in IE(Internet Explore) press control plus O for open.  Now
type in
fttp://userid:password@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What this says is first thy;pe ftp:// then your user id, then your password
then a :, then the @ sign, then if you have a separate server type in that,
then your provider, then what ever extension such as net or com you should
know that.
So this is a example
fttp://nfb:29ddp000n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Once you have this typed in press enter and you will go to your web page
information, look for the folder "public" and press enter on that, you will
now be in the list of HTML or HTM files you have up loaded or if none you
can copy your files and paste them into your folder.
You can erase or add new files just like you would in Windows Explore.
Using JAWS and the JFW cursor you can read what you have typed letter by
letter to make sure everything is correct.  Again using JAWS you can arrow
up and down in the "Public" folder looking for the file or files you want.
When you have every thing as you want just press alt F4 to exit the program
and that will close IE.
Open IE and put in your web address and look over your changes or
modifications.
If you don't get to the web site try different things in the line with
ftp:// you will figure it out, but remember you will need to use your JFW
cursor to see what you are doing or changing.
Any questions write to
ab7hw@xxxxxxxx
Good luck
Dick