Re: Upgrading from V11 to V12

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 16:32:34 -0600

The Merge Utility is fine if it works properly.  However, every time I have had
a problem with a new version of JFW, FS Tech Support has asked me if I merged
my settings from the old version.  That tells me that they consider the Merge
Utility to be a possible source of problems.

If I want a file from the old version such as the Dictionary, I just copy it
over into my User folder.  Other Personal Settings files can be copied over in
the same way.  If you copy these files over to the new version one at a time,
and you start having trouble, you will have a clue to what may be causing the
problem.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx