RE: Upgrading Jaws and windows xp

  • From: Adrian Spratt <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:52:44 -0400

Lori, so that you understand the difference between the two JAWS offerings,
the pro version is designed for networked computers and for systems
typically used in networks, such as XP. The practical effect is that FS
charges organizations more for JAWS than it does most individuals for home
use.

All things being equal, as everyone in this thread has said, you would
choose the standard version because it is cheaper. However, the real
question is whether you get more out of your XP system than XP Home. I hope
listers will comment on this aspect of your concern. I can say only that
I've gone with JAWS Pro because it assures me maximum flexibility, but money
concerns can legitimately trounce that factor

  _____