RE: Upgrading Jaws and windows xp

  • From: Adrian Spratt <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 06:02:40 -0400

Bob, below I'm copying instructions posted some time ago  for how to
determine whether you have JAWS pro or standard on your system.  You can
also find out by going to FS's Activate webpage.  The method  below  enables
you to  get  the answer on your own system.

1. Go to the start menu by pressing the windows key.

2. Go to the All Programs or Programs submenu depending on how your system
is set up.

3. Press the letter J until you hear "JAWS  X .0 Submenu" and press right
arrow or enter to open it.  (For "X," substitute your version number.)

4. Use the up or down arrow to find the "Tools" submenu, and press enter or
right arrow to open it.

5. Arrow down until you hear "ILM Authorization Viewer." Press enter to open
it.

6. Once the viewer has examined your system and found your JAWS
Authorization, go through the read only edit box and arrow down until you
hear one of the following: If you are using the Professional version, you
will hear "Edition: Professional." If you are using the Standard version,
you will hear "Edition: Standard."

7. Close the window by pressing alt F4.

----