Upgrading Jaws and windows xp

  • From: Lori Duncan <lori_duncan21@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:27:01 +0000

Hi I'm trying to activate Jaws 11 on my home PC, and although it came up
activation successful, when I tried to exit I got a message saying something
like "Jaws is not authorised to run on windows opperating systems, windows XP
or Proffessional, please contact Freedomscientific support for advice".  I did
and was told I could iether downgrade my system to windows XP Home adition, or
else upgrade my JAWs to 12, which would work fine with Windows Profferssional.
The problem is it'd cost me about £300.38.  Does anyone else use JAWS with
Windows XP Proffessional, and if so is it worth the upgrade?  I don't know
whether to just go for the upgrade and pay the extra money or whether to get a
more basic version of XP.  I'd be grateful for any advice on this before I make
a choice.  Many thanks from Lori duncan.