Re: Update Re: Outlook 2003 and JAWS 10.

  • From: "Laura" <SKH71934@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 14:40:43 -0500

Good job solving it on your own,
    Laura
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Toews" <Bruce@xxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: Update Re: Outlook 2003 and JAWS 10.

People can learn from you, James. This is precisely how to deal with an
issue such as this with respects to reporting it to FS. Thanks for
writing it out for others to see.

bruce

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 13:11:59 -0500, "James Homuth" <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
Yesterday I made mention to the list that I was having a problem with JFW
10
incorrectly announcing unread messages in Outlook 2003 folders when there
in
fact were none, or no messages at all. In a conversation with Freedom
Scientific this morning in response to the problem in question, we were
able
to varify the problem does not in fact occur with my version of JAWS 9.0.
As
the technical support department was unable to reproduce the problem, but
saw from their end that the problem was produceable on my machine,
they'll
more than likely be referring this to their testing department.

Since the technical support person was apparently unaware of the problem
occuring in certain people's instalations of JAWS 9, I'd encourage anyone
with that problem to report it to them as well. Recommended means of
doing
so would be by telephone, as they can then gain feedback confirmation
from
the instalation itself to varify the problem is happening, and likely not
being caused by the version of Outlook installed on the computer.

For the record, in JAWS 10, the technical support individual I spoke with
at
the end of the call could reproduce a similar problem on her machine, and
believes the cause to be the same. I'll try and update the situation as I
find out more.

James,
List Admin

 Bruce Toews