Unwanted "Control"

  • From: "Kane Brolin" <kbrolin65@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:48:45 -0400

Hi, folks.  I have a control issue that, thankfully, does not involve
my mother or thwarted childhood desires!

What happens is this:  At times, when I'm using JFW 8 with IE 6, my PC
begins to think that every keyboard command I invoke has a CTRL key in
it, even if it does not.  Not with all windows that are open, either,
so I cannot predictably repeat the experiment to get this to happen.
But about once per day, I find that when I try to close out a window
with ALT+F4, JFW echoes ALT+CTRL+F4.  If I try to switch between
windows with ALT+TAB, JFW will echo ALT+CTRL+Tab and I won't leave the
affected window.  I can work around this somewhat by highlighting the
desktop with CTRL+m, then carefully changing to the window I want.
But if I somehow land back in the affected window--usually a Web
screen--the same phenomenon reappears.  The only way I can get rid of
this extra CTRL character is to shut down the PC and re-start
altogether.  I didn't particularly notice this with Ver. 7, but it
happens all the time now that JFW 8 is my default screen reader at
work.

Has anyone else dealt with this before? or succeeded in correcting it
permanently?

Regards,

-Kane