Re: Unusual JFW Crashing Problem

  • From: Rouillardmike@xxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:19:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have never had this problem, but I have some suggestions.

1. try reparing jaws
2. try running jaws with default  settings
a. close jaws
b. press windows+r to bring up the run  dialogue
c. type jaws11 /default and hit  enter
If the problem doesn't persist after doing  this:
a. go to start\programs\jaws 11.0\explore  jaws\explore my settings
b. press control+a
c. press shift+delete and say yes to all to delete  everything
You will now have to reconfigure all of your  personalised user settings
for jaws.

If none of the above works, try reinstalling  jaws.

Another thing: Is jaws installed locally on the  computer you are using, or
is it installed on the  server?

Also, if you don't have any luck with this mailing  list, try subscribing
to the Blind Geek Zone mailing list by sending an email  to
_blindgeekzone-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:blindgeekzone-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Mike