Unknown applications

  • From: "Michael McDermott" <mmcderm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:26:55 -0500

Hi I am writing about some applications which have appeared on my computer,
they are spyware DR. and now winfixer 2005.  I am not sure if these
applications work well with jfw, nor do I know if its a good idea to run them.
Some how the winfixer appeared in an internet window and reported I had a lot
of errrors with my system for instance in the registry and unnecessary programs
on system start up.  Some the spyware Dr. got downloaded when I tried to
download a different program, but every time I open internet explorer, there is
a dialog box which comes up and asks if I want to start spyware dr.  As I have
stated I am not aware of these applications, or if its safe to run them, or if
the programs work with jfw.  Please provide some insite and advice!!