Re: Uninstalling internet explorer

  • From: "Allan Wong" <allanwkf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:20:14 +0800

hi,

as maybe you know, internet explorer is part of windows XP component, therefore
the way to remove it is difference then add or
remove a single program. to remove internet explorer, please do the following
steps

1. go to control panel/add or remove programs and hit enter.

2. press shift+tab until you hear "change or remove programs: button", actually
this is a listbox of 4 items, now you arrow down to
the third items that is "add/remove windows components: button" and hit
spacebar.

3. after a short moment, a list of windows components will pop-up. use arrow
key to navigate those items and you will see internet
explorer is in that list.

4. as i mention above internet explorer is part of windows XP, so, by default
it is selected. press spacebar to unselect it. please
note, jaws will not announce whether it is selected or not.

5. press tab to next button and hit spacebar. just follow all on screen
instruction.

Regards,
Allan Wong