Uninstalling TinySpell

  • From: "TerriLynne" <terri_lynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:57:51 -0700

Hi all,
Well I downloaded TinySpell and installed it, but I don't much like it. It
dings me on everything, email addresses, the word email with or without a dash
in it, acronyms, etc. In fact, when I go to the desktop and hit enter on
outlook express,, it dings me, not sure why. It dings me when typing in web
links, but it also dings me when I am just copying or cutting web addresses. In
short, I don't think that it is worth it to me. I am getting so that I ignore
it a lot of the time because of all of the things that it dings, so it doesn't
help me a lot when there is a true misspelling. I am a good speller, and if I
just take the time to listen to what I have written, I can usually pick up on
all of the mistakes.
But here is my problem. When I try to uninstall TinySpell in ctrl panel's
add/remove programs, it says that it can't uninstall it while it is running.
However, I can't figure out how to turn the thing off.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much,

TerriLynne Pomeroy
Student advisor
Blind and Visually Impaired Students of Utah
www.bvisu.org