Re: Uninstalling JAWS authorization

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:16:02 -0500

Hi

Ok, now when you say "evaluation version", I am guessing you're refering to the version of JAWS that you pay about $60 for and then if you like it, that amount of money is taken away from the purchase price of the software. If that's the case, the very best thing to do is to contact FS tech support. If it's the demo version that is found on the FS website, then it's only a 40 minute demo, at which time you need to restart the computer to keep going.
The demo version does not require any authorizations to be installed. From your message though, I'm guessing its the timed evaulation version. With JAWS 6 as I understand it, your authorization license is on a separate cd, and it can easily be uninstalled. If you go to your JAWS 60 sub menu, you may find an option that says, remove product activation.
You might like to try removing that and then uninstalling your evaluationversion of JAWS. Then, you can install the regular version with the proper license. If you run out, you can always e-mail FS tech support, or call them and they'll set your count back to 3 licenses.
I'm not very familiar with the timed evaluation but I believe that's most likely how it works.

At 08:16 PM 7/29/2005, you wrote:
Hello:

I currently have an evaluation version of JAWS 6.0. The evaluation
authorization code is on a disk. I'd like to uninstall this code and put
in the new CD which contains the ILM code. How do I uninstall the code
on the disk? I am not very patient with disks, so I lost two
authorizations while trying to uninstal it. Ah, well, it's not drastic,
as I will throw away the disk once the ILM is installed.

Also, when I uninstall the disk, can I install the ILM CD without
uninstalling JAWS completely? Oops, I hope I made myself clear here!

Thanks a million for your help! I will have to learn to be patient
(grin)!

Regards,

Maryse