Re: Unchecking boxes on the menu bar

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:39:05 -0500

Hi Jewel,

You have to go to the View menu (ALT-V) then whack ENTER on Normal. This
unchecks print and checks normal however it does not always stick, you may
well have to do it next time you open a document.

Word is Weird that way, it seems to make a lot of presumptions about what
you may wish to do and although it gives you options it seems to think you
really didn't mean to select them. This is not really the fault of Jaws
except that Jaws is for blind people and when Word decides to do things the
way it wants, sighted people can see that and restore the desired behaviour
but Jaws doesn't know you didn't mean it to have changed.

If it is of any consolation to any of you, I work in an environment where we
are moving over to Word from WordPerfect because of the prevalence of
Microsoft in the general market place and the cost of keeping network
licenses for two major word processing applications. My sighted colleagues
dislike Word more than I do.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario
dleavens@xxxxxxx
     Home of the Polar Bear Express!