Re: UTube Problem

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:00:16 -0500

Kathy,
,

You have to do it from the internet explorer window.  This is because
it's a temporary change in settings.  Alt+tab undoes the changes so,
if you flit from one application to another, say, Explorer to Word and
back, the change has to be done all over again.  If you permanently
want Jaws to ignore flash movies, you'll have to set that up in the
configuration manager.  I don't recommend it since some websites use
flash movies a lot and they're not all this problematic and can be
downright essential for navigating the site in question.  I don't know
your surfing preferences so, I'll leave whether or not to pursue this
up to you.

I wonder why insert v didn't work for you and you had to use the shift
key.  Jaws key+v whether it's the capslock if you're using a laptop or
the insert button if you have a desktop keyboard shouldn't require you
to use shift.  hmm.

Alex

On 4/15/09, THOMAS LANGE <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> Kathy and Jean write:
>
> Hi guys:  Well, there's good news and bad news.  I followed your
> instructions and went to the jaws configuration manager, then to the Set
> options
> and finally to the Misc page.  There I found the Ignore Flash setting and
> checked it.  After saving and exiting I tried the UTube clip and it
> malfunctioned as usual.  I went back to the configuration manager and found
> the
> Ignore Flash still checked.  So I tried the Ctrl-Insert-v for the
> Personalized
> settings for Dialog Box page and and found that Flash movie was set to
> ON-not
> what I wanted.  So it appears I have conflicting settings. Any ideas?
> Kathye
>
> Do the ctrl+insert+v, turn flash off and execute the change, bringing the
> settings into line with configuration manager. That should do the trick.
> Good luck.Tom
Alternative archives located at: