USING JAWS (BRAILLE ONLY) WITH MSN (TEXTING ONLY)

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 08:28:51 +0100

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help and pointers with regard to the use of MSN
text chat, with JAWS but only Braille output, by a deaf-blind person.  I
wish to communicate with him and prefer not to go other complex methods,
so I'm about to try MSN with Braille myself.

I don't use a display a lot with JAWS (though I have my PM's display and
can do so), so I'd be interested to know if anyone who uses a Braille
display with JAWS on a regular basis would like to try it for/with me to
give me some feedback with regard to feasibility and any hints.

I am particularly interested to know if there are any scripts out there
to alert a Braille reader that someone is texting, or (of course) if
anyone is prepared to write a few little ones to help me with this.

I look forward to any comments and/or suggestions.  Thanks.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20

--=20