RE: Two sound card success, Method

  • From: "Jim Grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 08:06:16 -0700

The below is more work then just editing the ini file.
Note you will also find that some programs will not allow you to change
witch card it uses for recording and playback.  Windows messenger for
example always uses the default card.  Windows media also uses the
default card.  Skype last time I checked was the same way.   So while
this works there are disadvantages to this approach.
Now if you are using a  sapi five based  device then setting where
speech goes is the only approach.  Now here is a question of my own.
Does anyone know how to force a sapi 4 based device to go to the
soundcard you want it to like sapi 5 does?  The sapi 4 control panel
used to do this but the sapi 5 control panel does not do this for both.
It seems it only  does it for five based devices.