Re: Turning off tab browsing (was Re: Tab brouzing)

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 19:20:45 -0700

Just to chime in with Chris, here, I don't see what the big hassle is. You
read a few words of explanation in the nicely-organized IE7 Help function,
you try it out a few times, and that's that. I'm still trying to find out
under what circumstances I'd really want to bother turning it off. Because,
if I don't wish Web pages to open as tabs, I can just open them from links
or the address bar without giving IE the keyboard commands to make them tab.
Alt Enter being one, for instance. Or opening a new tab with Control T
before loading a page into it. It's not as if the tab browsing forces itself
upon you, even though it's enabled. Maybe I'm missing something?