Turning off tab browsing (was Re: Tab brouzing)

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:04:06 -0700

Turning off tab browsing works this way with Jaws, just as this excerpt from
the IE7 help files under the topic Frequently Asked Questions About Tab
Browsing explains:

Can I turn off tabbed browsing?

Yes. Here's how.

list of 5 items
1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet
Options.
2. Click the General tab, and then, in the Tabs section, click Settings.
3. Clear the Enable Tabbed Browsing check box.
4. Click OK twice.
5. Close Internet Explorer, and then open it again. Tabbed browsing will now
be off, and every webpage will open in a new Internet Explorer window.

list end
Naturally, with Jaws, you use the Jaws keyboard commands along with the IE
keyboard commands in order to accesss this function.

Hope that helps.