Turning off music on Myspace web pages

  • From: "ari" <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 21:37:18 +0200

Hi all,
I don't know if this has been talked about on this list before, but I've found a great tip to stop music from playing on Myspace, will try it and will give feedback. The tip is taken from
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/2006/09/27/solution-for-stopping-music-from-playing-when-visiting-a-myspace-page/
 1.. go to
 START -> RUN

 2.. type the following:
 wordpad "c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts"
 3.. Add the following line to your hosts file
 127.0.0.1 content.music.myspace.com
 4.. Save the file and quit
 5.. Restart your web browser
 6.. No more music. If you want to turn it back on, remove the added line.

 1.. Ari