RE: Trying to download AVG, really stuck! Help!

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:17:54 -0500

Hi.

Try Windows-M, probably will work a bit better than alt-M.

Seriously, here's what I do to download AVG:
1.  Go directly to:
Free.avg.com/ww.download?prd=afe
2.  Locate a download link for AVG 4 and press enter on it.
3.  Up arrow to save when asked to run, save, or cancel and press enter.
4.  Save the file to my documents or someplace on the computer where I
know where it is.
5.  After download, run the AVG Setup file from the place I saved it.
6.  Follow prompts for installation.
7.  Go through first run.  My experience is I am prompted to re-start
during the first run, so when I do that I go back into AVG from the
desktop and make sure automatic updates are on, that I update, and that
it scans my system.

Hope that helps.  Please get in touch with me here at the Help Desk if I
can be of further assistance.

Ray Campbell, Adaptive Technology Help Desk Technician
The Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312.997.3651 (Voice/Relay) or 888.825.0080 (Voice/Relay)
ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.thechicagolighthouse.org