Re: Trouble moving to open programs

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:38:02 -0500

Hi. This has happened to me. The only thing I can guess is that one of the open programs is being a memory hog and taking up a whole bunch of system resources, in other words, you got all these programs open and your computer is saying, i can't keep up, slow down! So I would say, for best results, try to only keep the programs open that you necessarily need. I usually keep Eudora which is for my e-mail, maybe msn and an IE window in case I'm doing a search or something. But once I'm done with it I close it. and don't forget, JAWS is a windows program too so that's taking up resources as well. You can't close it for obvious reasons but you can keep other programs closed to keep it running the best.

I hope this helps.

At 01:28 AM 9/16/2007, you wrote:
Hello all,
Using W/XP Home, Jaws 8. (newest).
Lets say I have Outlook Express, A RTF document, Internet Explorer and some other program, all open. When I try to alt/tab between open programs I cannot get past the first program, or if lucky, the second, then Jaws says nothing. This is happening while I am holding down the alt key continuously and pressing the tab key. I have tried this with either the "open in same window", or the "open in different window" menus.
I hope I explained it so that problem can be understood.
Is there a certain amount of open windows that Jaws will , or not, work with?
Any settings I may change?
Thanks,
Morey Worthington

http://www.eset.com