Trouble With JAWS 5 & Outlook 2000

  • From: "DJ Mitchell" <mitch44@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 13:17:56 -0700

Hi All,  Since switching to Outlook 2000 from Outlook Express, I am having 2
problems using this program with XP Home.
First, I have the box checked to automatically finish the e mail addresses
but I still have to type the full address unlike Outlook Express.  Is this a
bug in 5.084 or with XP Home or is there something else I should check?
Second, when reading a list of messages, Outlook Express let me hit delete
after reading the message body and the next message in the list would open
in the body of the message.  Neither of these techniques work with Outlook.
I have to exit the message to delete it and I also have to arrow down to the
text of the message.  Is this normal or is there a more efficient way to
handle long lists of messages?
I am going through the tutorial cassettes on Outlook with XP I just got from
the Iowa School but have not found answers to these 2 problems yet.
Thanks for any help.  Mitch