Re: Translating Braille to Text

  • From: "dave_d0619" <dave_d0619@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:39:23 -0400

It really depends on the type of material that is contained in the braille
files.

If, for example, the books are novels that contain straight forward text,
then the back "transcription", (correct word) would be quite simple and the
resulting print file would be quite easy to correct where necessary.  The
files could be imported into Word and saved as Word documents.

On the other hand, if the books contained abbreviations that might relate to
a particular industry or profession, such as abbreviations that are used in
the legal or medical professions, then you could end up with some very
strange words in the printed text indeed.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber